By the book - week two1/06/2016 08:10:00 pm
BBQ chicken is the best invention of all the inventions. Maybe the smallpox vaccine trumps it. And the iPhone and toaster... but otherwise, best.
Ways to eat BBQ chicken when you cannot even be bothered to order takeaway (too many choices, too much effort):
- On sandwich (iceberg lettuce and mayo only)
- On wrap (healthy, because vegetables)
- In salad with kewpie roasted sesame dressing (the best dressing of all dressings involving hydrogenated oil and preservatives)
- Re-cooked with sautéed onion and kidney beans, then made into quesadillas (mmmm cheese and sour cream in one meal)
- Ripped apart with bare hands whilst standing at kitchen counter (laziest option but also maybe paleo, no?)
Or, made into a kind of larb/Thai salad. More gourmet than the other options, definitely. The book this recipe comes from was given to me by my next-door neighbours in 2004 for looking after the dog. I wouldn't have remembered that except that when I was flipping through it I noticed that there was a message written in the front. Don't you think that one of the unfortunate things about the kindle/nook/other digital book readers is that there are no messages in the front?
By the book - week two - Women's Weekly Great Fast RecipesThai chicken in lettuce-leaf cups
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
Method (by the book)
Trim lettuce-leaf edges, and put in fridge in iced water. I did not do this.